- The Board of Trustees approved the University’s strategic plan for 2016-2020 during its February 2016 meeting.
- In September 2016, Executive Vice President and Provost Nicholas P. Jones established a committee structure to oversee the plan’s implementation. Later, on December 1, 2016, Provost Jones spoke in detail about strategic plan implementation during a meeting of the Quality Advocates Network.
- The various strategic planning committees have been assigned and charged, and they are working to identify and advance specific goals and develop initiatives. In conjunction with those tasks, the committees are also identifying performance indicators and tracking plan progress using those indicators.
- During the Spring 2017 semester, the committees held a series of forums at Penn State campuses throughout the Commonwealth to share and discuss ideas and receive feedback from members of the University community.
- Committee updates:
- In April 2017, representatives of the Executive Committee on Transforming Education provided a comprehensive update about work in that area in a presentation to the University Academic Leadership Council.
Visit this site frequently for updates on plan implementation efforts and future opportunities to participate and provide feedback.