- Education is the foundation of an enlightened, productive, and prosperous society.
- The best education produces knowledgeable, critical, creative, and ethical students.
- The quality of the intellectual life of the University is fundamental to success.
- The integration of teaching, research, and service enhances all three and the capacity
of the University to serve the needs of communities—local, national, and global.
- The dignity of all individuals is affirmed, equality of opportunity is pursued, and diversity is fostered.
- Tradition is honored, innovation is embraced, and positive change is valued.
- The efficient and effective use of limited University resources benefits everyone associated with Penn State and those we serve.
- The safety and security of all members of the University community are essential to a positive educational, workplace, and
- Faculty, staff, students, and administration working together create a foundation for greater accomplishment,
including our commitment to the concept of “one university, geographically dispersed.”