One Penn State 2025 Vision:
One Penn State 2025 builds on our strong traditions of working as one university to provide world class education and drives us to be a more integrated, flexible, and responsive institution. By 2025, seamless online access to curricula and processes will be embedded in every part of Penn State across the Commonwealth, enabling us to become a 24/7/365, diverse and inclusive institution. One Penn State 2025 represents a fluid, personalized, and collaborative environment that enables students, faculty, and staff to achieve their goals regardless of their location in the world.
The Guiding Principles for One Penn State 2025
- Guiding Principle 1: Provide a Seamless Student Experience. In 2025, Penn State will provide students with a seamless, mobile student experience in all student interactions with the institution, whether this be the admissions or enrollment processes, the process of taking courses, co curricular learning, or full access to the curricula and support services offered across the University. Guiding Principle 1 charge, Guiding Principle 1 white paper
- Guiding Principle 2: Achieve Curricular Coherence. In 2025, Penn State will embrace a commitment to design degree, minor, and certificate programs that provide students with access and clearly articulated pathways through the curriculum, built through thoughtful approaches to course coherence. Strong disciplinary and interdisciplinary communities and multiple and flexible models of course taking will form the basis of this transformation. Guiding Principle 2 charge, Guiding Principle 2 white paper
- Guiding Principle 3: Design Relevant and Responsive Programs. In 2025, Penn State will offer degrees and programs with learning outcomes defined by disciplinary communities and contemporary needs while also offering flexibility in achieving these outcomes via multiple pathways. Guiding Principle 3 charge, Guiding Principle 3 white paper
- Guiding Principle 4: Engage Learners Throughout Their Lifetimes. In 2025, Penn State will engage learners throughout their lifetimes with content that is timely, topical, and relevant to their personal and professional wellbeing. Guiding Principle 4 charge, Guiding Principle 4 white paper
- Guiding Principle 5: Achieve the Highest Level of Efficiency of University Resources. In 2025, Penn State will leverage digital resources and align faculty, academic, and administrative resources to strengthen learning, research, and student support opportunities, thereby achieving greater institutional efficiency to address equity of, access to, and affordability for a high quality Penn State education. Guiding Principle 5 charge, Guiding Principle 1 white paper