Six core institutional values, identified through Penn State’s Culture and Values Survey, sustain this strategic plan and offer essential context for the successful execution of Penn State’s mission.
- Integrity. We act with integrity in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards.
- Respect. We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse, inclusive, and safe community.
- Responsibility. We act responsibly and hold ourselves accountable for our decisions, actions, and their consequences.
- Discovery. Through advanced research and scholarship, we seek and create new knowledge and understanding, and foster creativity and innovation, for society’s benefit.
- Excellence. We strive for excellence in all of our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and a leader in higher education and research.
- Community. We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world.