Visit this page frequently for updates on progress toward plan implementation and opportunities to participate and provide feedback.
- December 2017: University Development provides an update on the progress of Penn State’s current campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence.
- December 2017: University Faculty Senate receives informational report on progress toward strategic plan implementation
- December 2017: University announces the investment of approximately $2 million in seed grants to support 10 strategic initiatives.
- October 2017: Office of Planning and Assessment hosts “A Conversation with the Provost” on strategic plan implementation.
- September 2017: Presentation to Board of Trustees committee focuses on Transforming Education efforts.
- September 2017: Alumni Association reports on impact, progress regarding its strategic plan.
- August 2017: Strategic Initiative Funding Philosophy announced.
- August 2017: Strategic Initiative Request for Proposals released to Steering Committees.
- July 2017: The Office of Planning and Assessment publishes an overview of the University’s strategic planning timeline for the new academic year. (See the image below, or view the accessible PowerPoint slide.)
- May 2017: Penn State Startup Week focuses students’ entrepreneurial pitches around strategic plan’s themes.
- April 2017: Representatives of the Executive Committee on Transforming Education provided a comprehensive update about work in that area in a presentation to the University Academic Leadership Council.
- Spring 2017: Regional forums were held at five Penn State campuses throughout the Commonwealth to share and discuss ideas and receive feedback from members of the University community.
- December 2016: Provost Jones unveiled the plan implementation structure during a meeting of the Quality Advocates Network.
- September 2016: Strategic planning committees were assigned and charged to identify and advance goals, initiatives, and performance indicators.
- July 2016: The University’s new fundraising campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, begins. Focused on the three key imperatives of a great public university, the campaign is guided by a vision and themes tied to the strategic plan.
- February 2016: The Board of Trustees approved the University’s strategic plan for 2016-2020 during its meeting.