Six core institutional values, identified in large part through Penn State’s Culture and Values survey in 2014, sustain this strategic plan and offer essential context for the successful execution of Penn State’s mission.
- Integrity. We act with integrity in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards.
- Respect. We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse, inclusive, and safe community.
- Responsibility. We act responsibly and hold ourselves accountable for our decisions, actions, and their consequences.
- Discovery. Through advanced research and scholarship, we seek and create new knowledge and understanding, and foster creativity and innovation, for society’s benefit.
- Excellence. We strive for excellence in all of our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and a leader in higher education and research.
- Community. We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world.