University Strategic Planning Forum – Penn State Berks
Missed the Forum? Watch the video recording in the viewer embedded at the bottom of this page.
Topic: Transforming Education
Date: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Time: 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Location: Penn State Berks, Perkins Student Center, Room 100 (Multi-Purpose Room)
The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost and the Office of Planning and Assessment co-sponsored a series of regional strategic planning forums during the Spring 2017 semester. Each forum focused on a specific theme from the University’s strategic plan and the work being done to take ideas related to that theme and translate them into impactful, real-world initiatives.
This forum, held on Penn State’s Berks campus, focused on Transforming Education, one of the strategic plan’s five thematic priorities. Panelists representing the executive committee and steering committee focused on this theme shared how they are taking the broad ideas articulated in the plan and developing actionable endeavors that reflect them. They then answered audience members’ questions and solicited feedback.
- Rob Pangborn, Co-Chair, Transforming Education Strategic Plan Steering Committee
Vice President and Dean for Undergraduate Education
- Craig Weidemann, Co-Chair, Transforming Education Strategic Plan Steering Committee
Special Assistant to the Provost for Innovation and Education Technology Initiatives
- Renata Engel, Member, Transforming Education Strategic Plan Steering Committee
Interim Vice Provost for Online Education
- Paul Esqueda, Member, Infrastructure and Support Strategic Plan Steering Committee
Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Engineering, Penn State Berks
- Walt Fullam, Member, Constituent Outreach and Engagement Strategic Plan Steering Committee
Senior Director of Statewide Continuing Education, Penn State Berks
- Yvonne Gaudelius, Member, Transforming Education Strategic Plan Steering Committee
Associate Vice President and Senior Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Forum Reference Documents:
- Transforming Education Strategy Table
- Transforming Education Committee Structure
- Transforming Education Executive Committee Membership
- Transforming Education Steering Committee Membership
- Transforming Education Faculty Development Resources Working Group
- Transforming Teaching and Learning in General Education Working Group
- Transforming Education Working Group Interactive Survey